I get the following warning when linking. Why?
L1100(W) Cannot find "XX" specified in option "start"
*XX is the section name.
This warning tells you that an unused section has been specified as a parameter of the –start option.
To remove the condition for this warning, follow the procedure below to delete the unused section specification.(*)
- Select [Build] from the High-performance Embedded Workshop, then select [...Standard Toolchains].
- Select the [Link/Library] tab in the [...Standard Toolchains] dialog box.
- Specify [Section] for Category, and delete the section that is not being used.
(*) If you are using RX family compiler v.1 (for CS+), the procedure is as follows.
- Click on the build tool in the Project Tree of CS+, and select the [Link Options] tab in the [Property] panel.
- Select [Section start address] in the [Section] category and delete the unused section.
|C/C++ Compiler Package for SuperH Family|
|C/C++ Compiler Package for RX Family|
|C/C++ Compiler Package for H8SX, H8S, H8 Family|